Jul 07, 2023
With the development of society, the application range of tires is becoming wider and wider, not only including traditional transportation tools such as bicycles, cars, agricultural vehicles, but also involving emerging products such as baby strollers, toy cars, balance cars, etc. Different uses have different performance requirements for tires. And light magnesium oxide is an important additive that can improve the quality of tires.
What is light magnesium oxide?
Light magnesium oxide is a white loose amorphous powder, odorless, tasteless, and non-toxic. Its volume is about three times that of heavy magnesium oxide, and it is a common inorganic compound. Light magnesium oxide has a wide range of applications in industries such as tires, rubber, ceramics, building materials, metallurgy, chemical industry, food, medicine, etc.
What are the functions of light magnesium oxide in tires?
Light magnesium oxide can play a variety of roles in the production process of tires, such as:
- Scorch retarder: prevent the rubber from overheating and coking during processing.
- Vulcanization accelerator: accelerate the vulcanization reaction and improve the vulcanization efficiency.
- Acid absorber: neutralize the acidic substances in the rubber, prevent aging and corrosion.
- Filler: increase the volume and density of the rubber, reduce the cost.
- High temperature resistance: improve the stability and safety of tires in high temperature environments.
- Fire retardant: reduce the burning speed and smoke generation of tires when encountering fire.
- Corrosion resistance: resist the erosion of external factors such as moisture, salt, acid and alkali.
In addition, light magnesium oxide also has a certain activity, which is conducive to improving the comprehensive performance of tires, such as:
- Extend scorch time: increase the flexibility and wear resistance of tires.
- Control rubber content and adhesion performance: optimize the physical properties of rubber, balance tensile strength and dynamic compression deformation and heat generation problems, reduce quality defects.
- Prevent tire burst and wheel hub detachment: improve the reliability and safety of tires when running at high speed or heavy load.
What should I pay attention to when using light magnesium oxide?
Although light magnesium oxide has many benefits for tires, some details should also be paid attention to during use to avoid adverse effects, such as:
- Moisture-proof treatment: Once light magnesium oxide is dampened, it will cause hydrochloric acid insoluble matter and water-soluble matter to be too high, causing blistering, sand eye and other phenomena.
- Magnesium oxide content control: too low magnesium oxide content will affect the toughness and wear resistance of tires; too high will increase hardness and stiffness, reduce elasticity and ductility.
- Calcium content control: too high calcium content will make tires brittle and prone to fracture.
- Dosage control: too little dosage will increase crosslinking density, leading to shortened scorch time and positive vulcanization time, affecting tire tensile strength, fixed extension stress and hardness, elongation; too much dosage will reduce crosslinking density , Leading to prolonged scorch time and positive vulcanization time, affecting tire wear resistance, aging resistance and oil resistance.
Therefore, when selecting and storing light magnesium oxide, you should pay special attention to choosing the appropriate variety and specification, keeping a dry and sealed environment, adding according to the correct proportion and method, in order to achieve the best effect of light magnesium oxide in tires.